Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!













The pastor at church was speaking on commitment. He explained there are few other roles in life that call a person to be as committed as the role of a mother. I have to agree. I don't think anything else I have done thus far in my short life has asked, challenged, or hurt more than becoming a mom. And yet I have never been more committed to anything (other than Jesus) before either. The ups and downs as a mother are many, but looking back the moments seem so fleeting.
Im thankful to my mother for her strength and goodness. Unfortunately for other women, I always think, "why is she so special, my mom accomplished that with 6 kids...", however I know not everyone is cut from the same cloth. I certainly couldn't accomplish much while mothering 4+ children. Mom you rock!
My Grandma Virginia, while i didn't get to be around her for long, created memories with me that i will cherish always. She was clever and wise, yet there was always a twinkle in her eye that hinted to her adventurous side. Or at least in my child's mind, I thought she could have popped straight out of a story book, along with her old house and her lovely garden. I praise Jesus for her.
My Gammy Jan, she has shown me that, beauty is not just looks. That a truly beautiful woman is full of grace and kindness. She taught me the importance of being cultured. Showing me to appreciate the hum of a concerto as much as the stroke of a paint brush on canvas. And i thank her for her unyielding support!

No comments: